

I have been so busy with the Christmas in July cards that I almost didn't get my Thinking Inking card in. That would've been a shame because this week focused on Dimensional Pearls and Stickles which I really like. Sometimes you just need a little bling. I was amazed to find out that you could actually paint with the Dimensional Pearls. I had always just used them and Stickles just to accent small areas. Good to know!
I've been trying hard to go through my DCWV Old World Stack. A lot, okay most all of the paper, is so strong on it's own that it's hard to pair up with other paper, especially other patterned papers. I was able to find a sheet with green tones in my Taj Mahal Stack that seems to work pretty good with my Old World paper. Since only a small bit is peaking out from behind, it doesn't contrast too much, just enough. I also distressed the Old World paper with some Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I'm sure that helped tone things down a bit, too. I added a bit of Dimensional Pearls across the top of the scallop.
The bird die cut is from the Storybook Cricut Cartridge and the branch is from the Doodlecharms Cricut Cartridge. I used Cricut DS to stretch the branch to just the right size. The branch is distressed and stamped with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and my Designblock Designer Woodgrain stamp from Hero Arts. I was glad I thought to use it. Normally it only gets used for backgrounds.
Until next time!
ETA: Oops! Forgot to give credit to the design of the card. I got it from CPS. I just discovered them and I really like their clean simple designs.
.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment