

This LO is for the Thinking Inking class at 2Peas. It is for the Week 2, Part 2 Class: Multi-Powder Embossing. Gosh. This was a bit tough. Trying to keep one color on part of the image and then not getting any cross contamination. Probably won't be trying this again anytime soon. I couldn't quite get the look I wanted because I don't have any large simple imaged stamped so I just used my Fiskars Treading Water border punch on a strip of cardstock and embossed that with Ranger Silver Tinsel Embossing Powder (EP) and Gold EP. Not liking the Silver Tinsel at all and now remember why. Tinsel EP has glitter in it, so it doesn't quite set up like regular EP. The glitter was literally everywhere. It was rubbing off on my project.
Also, not sure if it is because of the glitter or what, but when I was melting it on to my chipboard the stuff would literally bubble up. You can see in the close ups. I'd have to back off of it and then hit it again. Maybe the glitter reacts to the heat more than the powder. Who knows, but I will either try to use this stuff up like crazy or just dump it. Either way I will be picking up some Silver EP. Saw some really cool ideas in the 2Peas gallery.
Overall I still like how this LO came out. The purple and the silver and gold together came together nicely. Tomorrow a new class will be posted. I can't wait to see what it is.
Until next time...
.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment