Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Monkey Business




Howdy! It's been a while since I've put a LO together. Sometimes you just have to take a break right? Anyway, this is my LO for The Stash Challenge-Week 212. The part of the challenge I chose to use was to use Thickers. No problem there! The design is based on Kelly Purkey's January Super Sketch and Kristina Werner Color Inspiration #49.

Used:
CS: The Paper Studio
PP: DCWV-Pocket Full of Posies
Alphas: AC Thickers (White Foam Daiquiri, Chit Chat)
Ink: Colorbox Black; Ink It Up (Clear Embossing, Real Red); SU Journal Writer in Black
Adhesive: Pop Dots; ATG 714
Punches: EK Success (1" Circle, Scallop Circle, Medium Corner Rounder); Fiskars (Treading Waters, Scallop Sentiment)
Stamps: Autumn Leaves Journaling Stamps by Katie Pertiet
Misc.: Ranger Polysparkle Embossing Powder; Folk Art Acrylic Paint

I used two different Thickers. The white puffy ones are Chit Chat. I picked them up at Big Lots. The skinnier ones are White Foam Daiquiri. I've had these awhile. They are my favorite ones because they are nice and straight and skinny. I haven't done it yet, but since they are white and foam I could ink them up if I wanted to. I used two different border punches as well. I used both Treading Water and Scallop Sentiments both by Fiskars. The smaller of the scallop circles was punched with a EK Success Scallop Circle punch and the bigger is from the Cricut Storybook cartridge. The center was punched from a 1" EK Success Circle punch. The all of the elements of the flower were painted with acrylic paint and then heat embossed with Polysparkle embossing powder.

On to the next challenge!

0 comments: