
This many sets to go...

Just wanted to share my progress for the Christmas in July Challenge at CFH. My goal is to make 100 cards for the challenge. The August 15 deadline is only a few weeks away. All of the sentiments have been stamped, just have to add my signature and the CFH logo on the back. This might have gone smoother had I not decided to change the design slightly midway. Oh well. I think they turned out ok. I used the Shaving Cream Background technique to make the swirly background. That was loads of messy fun! Definitely learned some tricks along the way. Like not using nearly as much shaving cream as they do in the tutorial and to use a shallow pan (I used a 9x9 baking dish). You get a lot of extra cream when you scrape it off the card and you need a place to put it. I used a pastry scraper to scrape off the cream and then scraped it along the inside edge of the dish.
Anyway, it was a lot of fun and I will definitely do it again. I hope to finish this batch this afternoon and get started on the second batch to meet my goal.
Until next time!
.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment