Monday, July 27, 2009

Monday Madness

I just finished up this batch of cards for Christmas in July. I am really pleased with the way these turned out. I was glad to put my Doodlecharms cartridge to use and also glad that my George cartridge had a quote bubble so I didn't have to make one. The snowmen were a lot of fun to make, but I don't think I would like to make more than I did at one sitting. Here they are after receiving their carrot noses...

And here is the end result...

Isn't he just adorable? The eyes and "buttons" are heat embossed. I colored in everything with my Bic Mark-Its. After I embossed snowflakes on white cardstock I distressed it using Faded Jeans Distress Ink. The sentiment is also stamped with the same Distress Ink.

With all of the detail in the snowman I thought the card would look best with simple clean lines. This design follows Sketch 125 from CPS.

CS: The Paper Studio
Ink: Colorbox; Bic Mark-Its; Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Faded Jeans; Zig Embossing Pen
Adhesive: Tombow Mono Multi; Making Memories Sticky Squares; ATG 714; Xyron 150 & 510
Stamps: Studio G (snowflakes); My Sentiments Exactly (sentiment)
Misc.: Ranger White Opal Liquid Pearls

0 comments: