Monday, September 21, 2009

I Have Lost My Dear Friend



I do have really bad news. Our neighbor found Moe in between our yards Sunday morning. We are all so terribly heartbroken. Even Kevin. Moe never bothered anyone. We think because of Moe's age a dog attacked him and he simply had a heart attack and died. Kevin heard a big dog barking at something that morning around 3am. He got up and went outside and scared it off. He didn't know it was after Moe. I can't even look out my kitchen window into our other neighbor's yard (not the ones that found him) because Moe would lay in their weeds and bushes. That was his special place. I keep expecting him to just come out of the bushes.

We are all so very brokenhearted that he is gone. He had those special little ways about him and we miss that. Kevin has taken it pretty hard. He's so tender hearted. Moe was closest to me and I know that a lot of his feelings are because he knows how hurt I am about it.

I can't help but to wonder if it would've been easier, later in his life, to be put down. No, that wouldn't be easier either, but at least we would've had the chance to say goodbye.

I told Kevin he needs to go outside, when it's quiet and when no one is around, and just talk to Moe. I did that late last night and first thing this morning and I think it helped to give me a little bit of closure. I told Kevin that this morning I asked God to give me a sign that Moe was okay and that he was safe. A small bird landed on the railing, looked at me and flew over to where Moe is buried. Sat there on the bird feeder and sang just the prettiest little song. I told Kevin that I can hear Moe, but he doesn't come. I kept waiting for him to come up the steps on the back porch where I sit every morning with him, but he didn't. I know that he is in a much better place. I am just so sad that our friendship had to end this way.

Please pray for us. Moe has been with us for a very long time. He was very much a part of our family. We got him when Adam was a few months old so he's been with us almost 12 years.

Rest In Peace My Friend

3 comments:

Nancy Keller said...

That is so so so sad :( I am sorry for the loss of your little friend Moe. I truly understand - life would not be the same without our furry friends. Do you guys know the story of the rainbow bridge? It's one of my favorites. Hugs to you!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your kitty.

morningDove said...

oh how sad you lost your Moe. i know what its like to lose an animal child. your story made me cry for you and your family. God does let us know things that touch our hearts and ease our pain and brings some comfort to us in sad times.
i came to your blog by way of Cards for Heroes.