
Squeal like a girl! I love stitching on cards, but admittedly if you have to do a lot of it hand stitching can be a bit time consuming. Also, since my legs (and Hubby's legs too!) are a bit on the short side there is always someone who needs a pair of pants hemmed. I sold off all but one of my Cricut Cartridges. I used the funds to purchase Sure Cuts A Lot (SCAL) (something else I had been debating on for a long time) and this gem. I must admit it's a hefty little guy. I think I shall name it, but I don't know what. It's sturdy but light. I can pick it up one handed. Honestly I think my Cuttlebug might be heavier. I hemmed a pair of my materinity jeans and it worked fine other than going over the "knots". I had to take it slow but it worked. I have to admit I am pretty proud of myself for doing a Euro Hem and having it look right. I can't take all of the credit. I found great instructions here.
So far I am really liking the SCAL as well. I use mostly basic shapes and fonts so I'm just going to pick up a font CD along my travels. And as far as shapes go there are plenty of talented artists out there with just about any shape you could ever want.
I used both of my new toys to create this set of cards for OWH. It's also my first OWH Stars and Stamps Challenge entry. The Thinking of Ewe stamp is a digi stamp from Cuddly Buddly.

CS: The Paper Studio, Making Memories, Georgia Pacific; PP: Making Memories; Misc: Crayola Colored Pencils, Coluzzle Circle Cutting System, SCAL, Sakura Gelly Roll White Gel Pen, Ribbon, Coats & Clark Thread, ATG, Baby Oil, Corner Chomper
Until next time...
.jpg)
7 comments:
LOVE it! Wish I knew how to use a sewing machine! I do like the look so sometimes I hand sew on layouts & cards! LOVE those cards!!
Awesome cards! LOVE the stitching!!! Cute image!
I see ewe! I bet you are having fun with your little sewing machine. You better not try to make a pair of booties or something either! LOL!
Love that stitching...you're makin' me jealous with that sewing machine, I want one sewwwww bad! lol!
Wow, these cards are so cute! I love the zig zag stitching. While I have four sewing machines, I still am not sure how to do the zigzag stitching yet. I can go forward or back...will have to work on that. Thanks for playing with the sketch!
Hi Cathy, Thanks for visiting my blog:) These cards are super cute. Stitching with a machine is so much better than hand stitching, especially is you are making mass cards like in your previous post... it is such a lovely touch to any card!
Hey thanks for stopping by my blog!
You will love sewing. I've been doing it since I was like 5! (OK, around 10 on a machine). I love making something out of nothing!
I haven't caved on the SCAL yet, although i really want it!
Post a Comment