Saturday, January 30, 2010

Missing My Kids Challenge - DONE!

Phew! What a busy couple of weeks! I finished the last batch of cards for the Missing My Kids Challenge at OWH and the box of 102 cards is waiting to be picked up. Silly me. I picked up the wrong Priority Mail boxes. I got the Flat Rate Boxes instead of just regular Priority Mail boxes so this go around it cost me $10 to ship instead of about $7. I also need to invest in a scale. I have a small one, but for larger packages like this a scale would be nice. I wonder if my bathroom scale would work?



So here is the last batch of cards...

I've had this little Basic Grey robot stamp set for a while and wasn't quite sure how to use him. I got my inspiration from CPS. It is Sketch #149. I have to admit that I CASE'd one of the poster's cards from that site. I hope they don't mind. It was a great sketch!


Stamps: Basic Grey, Inkadinkado; Patterned Paper: Colorbok; CS: Hobby Lobby; Ink: Ranger Archival Ink, Colorbox Queues; Le Plume Blender Pen; Die Cutting: Cricut Storybook Cartridge; Embossing: Cuttlebug Diamond Plate Embossing Folder; Misc: Ribbon, Google Eyes, Gel Pens, Dimensional Adhesive, ATG 714, Tombo Mono Multi Glue

This sketch should look familiar to you if you have started following OWH's new Stars and Stamps blogger circle. It is their first sketch. I repurchased this Very Punny stamp set from SU after I sold a bunch of my sets about a year back. (You know things are tough when you start selling off your stamp sets!) Anyway, I just love this little cow. And who can resist coloring in a bunch of udders?



Stamps: Stampin' Up, Inkadinkado; Patterned Paper: DCWV Blossoms & Butterflies Stack; CS: Hobby Lobby; Ink: Colorbox Queues, Colorbox Chalk Ink in Chestnut Roan; Le Plume Blender Pen; Punch: EK Success, Martha Stewart; Misc: Sakura Gelly Roll White Gel Pen, Dimensional Adhesive, ATG 714, Tombo Mono Multi Glue

I picked up these stamps a while back too. I guess it's obvious I buy cute stamps and figure out what to do with them later. I haven't used much ribbon lately so with this last batch of cards I got out the old ribbon box. I also don't do many if any cards that open lengthwise (what's that called anyway?) so that was a challenge for me as well.


Stamps: Imaginisce, Martha Stewart; Patterned Paper: Making Memories; CS: Hobby Lobby; Ink: Ranger Archival Ink, Colorbox Queues, Colorbox Chalk Ink in Chestnut Roan; Le Plume Blender Pen; Punch: We Are Memory Keepers Corner Chomper; Fiskars Threading Water; Misc: Coluzzle Circle Cutting Template, Ribbon, Dimensional Adhesive, ATG 714, Tombo Mono Multi Glue

Just to round out the last batch of cards and in keeping with the craft theme I went back to an old sketch that Kristina Werner did during her April 2009 A Year in Cards class at Two Peas. It is a great way to use up those little scraps of patterned paper that you don't really want to throw away, but you don't quite know how to use.


Stamps: Inkadinkado; Patterned Paper: DCWV Blossoms & Butterflies Stack; CS: Hobby Lobby; Ink: Colorbox Chalk Ink in Chestnut Roan; Punch: EK Success, We Are Memory Keepers Corner Chomper; Misc: Dimensional Adhesive, ATG 714, Twine, Buttons

Now here is my Shamwow moment. I finally caved and got this gem at AC Moore. Armed with a 60% off coupon from Michael's I got to the counter, presented my purchase and coupon and the lady tells me, "Oh you can't use that coupon, it's already on sale for $12.49." Squeal like a girl! Needless to say I heart my We Are Memory Keepers Corner Chomper. I've been chomping away like crazy. My favorite thing about this tool is that you don't have to worry about punching through a bunch of layers. You know how you are about finished with a project and you decide at the last minute you want to round the corner? Not a problem. Because of the design of the tool there is no guard in the way. You just line up and chomp! I also like that there are two sizes to choose from. One side is a 1/4" corner and the other side is a 1/2" corner. I'm going to venture to say that besides my Scotch ATG 714 this might be my next best purchase.


11 comments:

Wendy said...

Wonderful cards, Cathy! I haven't caved to this corner chomper. Probably would have if I had known it was on sale!

Like you I love my ATG 714. I've only had it a few months and wondering why it took me so long to come from the dark side. LOL

Wendy said...

PS: Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Clean & Simple Crafts! said...

Love your cards! They are so cute! Great job! And thanks for commenting on my blog. Hope you visit again.

Tammy said...

Gorgeous cards Cathy! I love all the Kraft paper!! ...and that cow is so cute! Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs, Tammy

Kajikit said...

I love all those kiddy cards you made! Bravo!

Dixie Cochran said...

Your cards are "so Tweet"!! Well done!

Kajikit said...

I hope you don't mind that I've CASEd your bottom design for the Stars and Stamps challenge this weekend... I linked to your entry. Is it okay if I add the actual card to my blog?

Karen said...

These are so great !! I just told Emily that I think she would enjoy making cards. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Sweetie, did you raid my craft room? We have the same stamps! I love the robot card!

Deborah said...

Your cards are so CUTE...I LOVE them!! I want to try to make some cards soon...I'm not too good at making cards, but I wanta learn to get better :)

Carol L said...

Thx for leaving such a thoughtful comment on my blog! Your cards are adorable, and I especially like the one using those leftover scraps of paper!
I hadn't heard of the corner chomper before, but thanks for the info! It looks cool!
Hugs,
Carol