
Hello. Hope everyone is having a very splendid weekend! Yesterday after my Folks left, we were the overnight pit stop between Charleston, WV and Sunset Beach, SC, I went to the Enchanted Cottage to redeem the $25 gift certificate that I won in last month's drawing. I was delighted! I had dropped my info in many sweepstakes jars, but never ever won anything before.
Before I left I had a general idea about what stamps I wanted. I knew that I wanted a woodgrain stamp and I knew that I needed another sentiments set. The first thing I did was see if they had one of the Fluffles stamps that my sister needed for her collection. They didn't have it, but they had others. Precious. Then I headed straight for the Hero Arts section. I found the woodgrain stamp and it was the first thing in my basket. I almost picked up the Clouds background stamp, but I didn't get that one. Think I might put it on my wish list though. Now I have picked up a couple of times the little buckets of stamps by Hero Arts. One of the sets even has a tinier version of their Tiny Owl which I picked up a few weeks ago. I decided to get the Lily Pad set. It has the cutest little frog stamps in it! Lastly I picked up a Ranger Archival Ink pad. I've been doing a lot of coloring and lately I've noticed that as I color in my stamped image my Colorbox Pigment Ink Pad has been smearing. Maybe I'm just being impatient and not giving it enough time to dry. Who knows. Doesn't hurt to have more than one black ink pad, right? They had the Hero Arts Everyday Sayings set I was looking for, but I chose the Lily Pad set instead, so I will have to put that on my wish list. I spent a good hour walking the creaky floor boards of the old mill that is the Enchanted Cottage before decided that what was in my basket was what I wanted. Even picked up the Technique Tuesday's Ali Edwards Loving Words Words We Love set and put it in my basket, but just had to have that Lily Pad set, so on the wish list that goes.
Before I left the Cottage I walked next door to Casanova's to get Kevin a corner of peanut butter fudge. Mmm...sugary peanut butter goodness. Overall, it was a great day! I told him I can't wait to use my little froggie stamps.
.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment